Hi, and welcome to Day 3 of “Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101”.
This is a free class for beginners showing you actionable bite-size ways to improve your presence online, get more traffic and get more customers. This class was designed for small business owners who want to take charge of their own internet marketing.
Call to Action
What do you want people to do on your website? I know the end goal is to get them to buy your product or service, but right before you sell to them, what step do you need them to do?
Do you want them to:
- schedule an appointment
- email you
- call you
- give you their email
- print a coupon
Your call to action needs to be:
In writing your call to action, you need to be clear on what you want them to do and why they should do it.
Examples of Call to Action Text:
- Call us to schedule your appointment.
- Email us to find out more information.
- Contact us to get a free consultation.
- Sign up to learn more.
Task for the day
Every lesson, we’ll give you a few actionable tasks that you can accomplish very quickly. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes and should get you closer to your internet marketing goal!
- Add a call to action text to your blog post.
- Add a link to the action you want them to do.
- View your published page and check that the link works good.
For the super-achievers, here’s some optional things you can do:
- Add your call to action to your home page.
- Add your call to action to different parts of your website.
- Vary up your call to action depending on the page.
In the comments below, please share:
- Your call to action text.
- Why does your call to action text work for your specific business?
- How does having a call to action text improve your web page?
See you tomorrow for Day 4 of Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101.
Want to share your thoughts, comments or questions? Use the comment form below.
About the Author
Honey Silvas is an internet marketing strategist at Silver Honey Media, a Manatee advertising agency. She helps local businesses grow using SEO, SEM and other internet marketing techniques.