Hi, and welcome to Day 5 of “Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101”.
This is a free class for beginners showing you actionable bite-size ways to improve your presence online, get more traffic and get more customers. This class was designed for small business owners who want to take charge of their own internet marketing.
This is the last day. Whew!
Internet Marketing Calendar
Now that you’ve had a taste of internet marketing, it’s time to make it a habit. You don’t necessarily have to do a lot each day, you kind of have to work with what available time you got. But scheduling it will make you more efficient at it.
Depending on your schedule, you can do internet marketing:
- once a day
- 3 times a week
- once a week
- once a month
The important thing is that it’s a schedule that you can manage to do regularly.
Some of the things you can put on the marketing calendar include:
- post website address to 3 general sites
- post website address to 3 industry-specific sites
- comment on other industry specific blogs
- run promos on your blog (for example: 10% off purchases over $100)
- “Follow” other WordPress blogs
- brainstorm new online marketing ideas
- and more
Example of an Internet Marketing Calendar:
- Monday – run a promo
- Tuesday – post your website address on 3 general sites
- Wednesday – comment on 3 industry-specific blogs
- Thursday – post your website address on 3 industry-specific sites
- Friday – write a post regarding your product or service
Task for the day
- Create an internet marketing calendar.
For the super-achievers, here’s some optional things you can do:
- Write a 250-word post about how your product or service can help your customer.
Make sure it’s something useful to the customer and not just advertising.
In the comments below, please share with us:
- Your successes, no matter how small.
- Your challenges during the class.
- What else do you want to learn about internet marketing?
Now that you’ve done 5 days worth of classes, you can set aside this time everyday for internet marketing and make it a habit. You can spend a little of your time each day accomplishing small tasks and growing your internet marketing.
If you only did the basic tasks for the day, you can go back to the beginning of the class and do the extra credit tasks.
Thank you for finishing Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101. If you liked this series and found it helpful, please share it with your friends.
If you need professional help with your website, please feel free to contact us.
Want to share your thoughts, comments or questions? Use the comment form below.
About the Author
Honey Silvas is an internet marketing strategist at Silver Honey Media, a Sarasota advertising agency. She helps local businesses grow using SEO, SEM and other internet marketing techniques.