Hi, and welcome to Day 4 of “Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101”.
This is a free class for beginners showing you actionable bite-size ways to improve your presence online, get more traffic and get more customers. This class was designed for small business owners who want to take charge of their own internet marketing.
Your Ideal Customer
Do you know who your ideal customer is?
If you are already selling your product or service, you might have a good idea already of who your typical customer is. What their typical age group is, their gender, their location, etc. What websites do they go to?
You might even have several different kinds of customers that you have.
Task for the day
Every lesson, we’ll give you a few actionable tasks that you can accomplish very quickly. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes and should get you closer to your internet marketing goal!
- Get listed on three general sites where you can promote your product or service.
Here’s a short list to get you started:
- Get listed on three industry-specific sites where you can promote your product or service.
- Choose three blogs specific to your industry. Leave an insightful comment on one of their posts.
For the super-achievers, here’s some optional things you can do:
- Get listed on these local listings.
If you are a local business, you can get found locally on Google Maps and other local business listing sites by submitting your listing to:
In the comments below, please share:
- Who is your ideal customer?
- Why do they need your product or service?
- What is your plan to reach your ideal customer?
See you tomorrow for Day 5 of Internet Marketing for Small Businesses 101.
Want to share your thoughts, comments or questions? Use the comment form below.
About the Author
Honey Silvas is an internet marketing strategist at Silver Honey Media, a Sarasota advertising agency. She helps local businesses grow using SEO, SEM and other internet marketing techniques.